Folded Word is an all-volunteer press dedicated to exploring the world, one voice at a time. We publish chapbook-length manuscripts of poetry, fiction, travel narrative, translation, and literary essay. We also publish single poems, short stories, and essays on this blog.
JS Graustein is Editor in Chief. She edits and designs most of our (chap)books, as well as brainstorms new ways to use technology to expand literature’s reach into society. She earned her Literary Publishing Certificate from Emerson College in Boston. In her life before children, she earned an M.S. in Ecology from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb and taught at College of Notre Dame in Belmont CA. She has also studied English and Photography at Sierra College.
- Rose Auslander, Poetry Editor & Founding Editor: unFold
- Casey Tingle, Fiction Editor
- Barbara Flaherty, Acquisitions Editor
- Zakariah Johnson, Cross-Genre Editor
- Kristine Slentz, Assistant Editor
- Sarah Gibson, Publicity Assistant & Features Editor of the Folded Word blog
- Claire Graustein, Design & Marketing Assistant
- Ian Graustein, Digital Content Assistant
Want to join in the fun?
We’re always looking for volunteers. Email JS at foldededitors (at) gmail (dot) com if you’re interested.
Last, but not least:
We would like to thank our Founding Editor, Jessie Carty, for getting us off the ground. We wish her all the best as she pursues her career in poetry!