It’s been a long winter at Folded HQ, extended by a snowstorm on the Vernal Equinox that dumped 7 inches on an already buried landscape. We’d like to put a fun spin on this killah wintah, so we’re hosting a giveaway of our spring list titles. Wanna play?
- Pile 1 = the plow’s snow pile to the left of the house. Pile 2 = the excavator’s snow pile to the right of the house. Additional photos (close up with a yard stick) are available at the giveaway’s Flickr set.
- Comment below with your prediction of the date you think each snow pile will be completely melted (i.e. no trace of snow).
- For a second chance to win, make another set of predictions on the photo for Pile 1 and Pile 2 on Flickr.
- Predictions must be posted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on 31 March 2014 to qualify.
- The person who makes the closest guess for Pile 1 (between blog comments and Flickr comments combined) gets a print copy of Catherine Sophia’s Elbow by Darla K. Crist. Same goes for Pile 2.
- Second closest guessers will recieve copies of Wasp Shadows by Ben Moeller-Gaa. Third closest, Hints by Rose Auslander.
- If by any chance the same person makes the closest guess on both piles, we’ll throw in a subscription to our 2014 Chapbook Series.
- We’re willing to ship contest copies anywhere, so please play even if you’re not in the US.
We’ll be posting photographic updates on the giveaway’s Flickr set, so you’ll be able to see what your chances are as spring progresses.If any of you have spring flowers already, we’d also love links to your online photos of them included in your prediction comments. We’re seriously ready for some color.
Cheers & Good Luck!