We’re switching things up on you this week. Not only are there three prompts, but submissions will be through Submishmash for the first time.
So why three prompts? I was inspired by three photos from the same photographer that I couldn’t decide between. Now you get to decide which way to use these prompts:
- Write one story inspired by the collection of photos.
- Write a serial story where each installment is inspired by each photo.
- Write one story inspired by one photo.
© 2010 Lester Ralph Blair
These prompts are posted Mondays on our Twitter and Facebook accounts plus our editorial blog. Please be sure to use a word processor’s word count tool to check your character count. Submissions must be 140 characters or less (including spaces). You have until 9:00 p.m. Pacific on Friday to submit your story.
- Submissions must be made through our Submishmash account. Click the “submit” button under the description for PicFic.
- Type the title for your story in the appropriate box.
- Upload your story as a .doc, .pdf, or .txt file. The file should be named using the following convention: PicWeek[current number]LastName
- In the cover letter/bio box, include any biographical blog, website, or Twitter links that will help our readers get to know you. If you do not have any such links, please include a 140 character bio.
If your story is chosen as Pic of the Week, it will be posted on Saturday to our PicFic account on Twitter and to our archive blog. We will notify you as to the fate of your submission on Saturday mornings.
The fine print:
Accepted manuscripts will be published first on Twitter, then combined in a collection that will be released as an e-book. If your manuscript is chosen as a “3 Cheers” winner, it will also be released as a YouTube video. By submitting your work, you are agreeing to grant us non-exclusive electronic rights to publish your manuscript in these three formats that may be archived indefinitely. We donate a portion of our Twitter-zine anthologies’ net proceeds to charity.