New Review Series
We are happy to announce that we will now review chapbooks here on the Folded Word blog. Our review column will be called “Delectable Words” and will start as a monthly feature. Jessie Carty has agreed to be our primary reviewer, but Ben White and others will be popping in from time to time.
If you are an author/editor and would like your published chapbook reviewed (either pre- or post-release), the submission procedure is outlined below:
- Poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and comic-style chapbooks are eligible for review.
- Chapbook content and language should be PG-ish. If you are not sure whether your content fits, please read our Twitter-zines PicFic and unFold to familiarize yourself with our taste. Chapbooks that are not deemed PG-ish will not be reviewed, listed, or returned. We will, however, notify you by email.
- At least once each month, one of our reviewers will read 10-15 chapbooks. All chapbooks read will be listed in the review post, along with links to a purchase location and the author’s bio. Chapbooks by Folded Word contributors will also get a blurb next to their chapbooks’ listings. One chapbook from the entire pool will be chosen for a full-length review, which will be presented as an embedded video.
- We will review both e-books and print books written in English, published in any country.
- To submit a printed chapbook, please mail one copy to: J.S. Graustein, Folded Word, 5209 Del Vista Way, Rocklin CA 95765 USA. Include a cover letter with your contact information, purchasing information, and an internet link to the author’s bio, blog, or website.
- To submit an e-book, please email email@example.com with the subject line “reviews”. In the body of the email, include your contact information, purchasing information, and an internet link to the author’s bio, blog, or website. Send your e-book as an attachment. We prefer .pdf and .mobi files, but will make every attempt to review other e-book file types as well.
- You will be notified when your chapbook has been included in a review pool.
Please email J.S. at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. The first review will post as soon as we have our first pool received and read.